Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies
1 1/2 packages Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Unwrap the Pumpkin Spice Kisses. (about 65 of them) Place them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. This is important because the Pumpkin Spice Kisses melt much faster than the regular Kisses.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice. Set aside.
In a bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, sugar and light brown sugar on medium high speed for 4 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add in the egg and mix to combine.
Then add in the vanilla extract and the pumpkin. Mix on medium speed for a couple of minutes.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients on low speed. Mix until it’s almost combined.
Take a spatula and fold the ingredients together.
Using a Tablespoon, scoop the cookie dough. Then use a spoon to scoop the dough out of the Tablespoon. The cookie dough will be sticky so don’t worry. Place the cookie dough balls onto the baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.
Once the cookies come out of the oven, press a Pumpkin Spice Kiss in the middle of each cookie.
Immediately (and carefully!) remove the cookies from the baking sheet with a spatula and cool them on a cooling rack.
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Monday, September 17, 2012
1 Box White Cake Mix
1/2 cup oil
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
2-3 cups powdered sugar
Peanuts to decorate ( salted peanuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Gently combine oil. eggs, egg whites, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
3. Sift in cake mix and stir until combined,
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Caramel Frosting: Melt butter in a small saucepan, add brown sugar and heavy cream. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract and let cool. Beat in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. (If you want, save a little caramel to drizzle over the top of your cupcakes.)
6. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with peanuts and caramel.